- Strand, Karla. [monthly column, 2018-present]. Feminist Know-It-All. Ms. Magazine blog. https://msmagazine.com/tag/feminist-know-it-all-series/
- Strand, Karla. (April 9, 2019). Poetry for the Rest of Us. Ms. Magazine blog. https://msmagazine.com/2019/04/09/poetry-for-the-rest-of-us/
- Drink It In: A Review of FRESHWATER by Akwaeke Emezi
- Leaving the Queer Desert: A Review of Genevieve Hudson’s A LITTLE IN LOVE WITH EVERYONE
- A Review of Kevin Powell’s MY MOTHER. BARACK OBAMA. DONALD TRUMP. AND THE LAST STAND OF THE ANGRY WHITE MAN.
- Chula’s Colombia: A Review of Ingrid Rojas Contreras’ FRUIT OF THE DRUNKEN TREE
- Other reviews can be found here: Reviews
Reviews – Print
- Strand, Karla J. (forthcoming 2019). Online Reference Resources [reviews of Black Women’s Studies Booklist, Cite Black Women, Cite A Sista, and Women Also Know History.] Resources for Gender & Women’s Studies: A Feminist Review. [Excerpt]
- Strand, Karla J. (2017). The Legacy of Nirbhaya: Two Documentaries About a Violent Crime [Review of the films Daughters of Mother India and India’s Daughter]. Feminist Collections 38(3/4), 19-22.
- Strand, Karla J. (2015). The Archival Turn in Feminism: Outrage in Order [Review of the book The Archival Turn in Feminism: Outrage in Order, by K. Eichhorn]. Journal of American History 102, 957-958. [Excerpt]
- Strand, K.J. (2017). The Role of Libraries in the Eradication of Information Poverty and Empowerment of Women. In C. Mnubi-Mchombu and T.V. Warikandwa (Eds.), Women’s Rights and the Role of Women in Poverty Eradication: A Contemporary Namibian Perspective (pages 122-130). Windhoek, Namibia: University of Namibia Human Rights & Documentation Centre, Faculty of Law. [Excerpt]
- Strand, Karla. (2018). Archives of Interest: The Office of the Gender and Women’s Studies Librarian (GWSL). Insights: Notes from the CCWH, 49(1), 22-24. http://theccwh.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/CCWH-Newsletter-Spring-2018.pdf
- Strand, K.J. & Britz, J.J. (2018). The Evolving Role of Public Libraries in South Africa in Addressing Information Poverty: A Historical Context. Library Management, 39(6/7).
- Strand, Karla J. (2017). From the Librarian. Feminist Collections, 38(1-2), ii, 16.
- Strand, Karla J. (2016). From the Librarian. Feminist Collections, 37(4), ii.
- Strand, Karla J. (2014). From the New Librarian. Feminist Collections, 34(3-4), ii-iii.
- Strand, K.J. (2016). An exploration into the role of public libraries in the alleviation of information inequality and poverty in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa .[Unpublished doctoral dissertation]. University of Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa.
Bibliographies and Resource Guides
- Strand, Karla J. (2018). Women’s Suffrage in Wisconsin: A Centennial Resource Guide. https://www.library.wisc.edu/gwslibrarian/bibliographies/womens-suffrage-in-wisconsin-a-centennial-resource-guide/
- Strand, Karla J. (2018). School-Related Gender-Based Violence (SRGBV): A Global Bibliography. https://www.library.wisc.edu/gwslibrarian/bibliographies/srgbv/
- Strand, Karla J. (2018). Women in Music Bibliography.
- Strand, Karla J. (2018). Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women #MMIW Resource Guide. https://www.karlajstrand.com/2018/05/05/missing-and-murdered-indigenous-women-resource-guide/
- Strand, Karla J. (2018). Black Women Authors From South Africa: A Resource List. https://www.karlajstrand.com/2018/02/17/black-women-authors-from-south-africa-a-resource-list/
Open Educational Resource
- American Library Association (ALA) GLBT Round Table (GLBTRT). (2016). Open to All: Serving the GLBT Community in Your Library. http://www.ala.org/rt/sites/ala.org.rt/files/content/professionaltools/160309-glbtrt-open-to-all-toolkit-online.pdf