Here’s my July 2018 wrap up!
Here we are in August already! Hope you are having a fantastic summer.
Time is short, so let’s get right to it!
This month I read only two books! To be fair, I was super sick for about 3.5 weeks of this month sooo…
I listened to two audiobooks as well:
I wrote two book reviews:
- A Life Well Lived: A Review of Rachel Heng’s Suicide Club
- Buy This Book! Naomi Klein’s The Battle for Paradise: Puerto Rico Takes on the Disaster Capitalists
I also posted:
- 15 Must-Reads for the Rest of Us – 2018 – Part II
- Women in Puerto Rico in the Aftermath of Hurricane Maria – A Resource Guide
- July’s New Reads for the Rest of Us
- June Wrap-Up
And I participated in cover reveals for:
July’s Book Haul:
- My Mother. Barack Obama. Donald Trump. And the Last Stand of the Angry White Man. by Kevin Powell (from the publisher)
- You Have the Right to Remain Fat by Virgie Tovar (from Edelweiss)
- Before She Sleeps by Bina Shah (from NetGalley)
- Washington Black by Esi Edugyan (from NetGalley)
- All the Lives We Never Lived by Anuradha Roy (from NetGalley)
- Whisper Me This by Kerry Anne King (complimentary from Amazon)
- Beautiful Exiles by Meg Waite Clayton (complimentary from Amazon)
- The Tenth Island: Finding Joy, Beauty, and Unexpected Love in the Azores by Diana Marcum (complimentary from Amazon)
- Dread Nation by Justina Ireland (purchased)
- The Novice: A Story of True Love by Thich Nhat Hanh (purchased)
- Stray City: A Novel by Chelsey Johnson (purchased)
- Democracy in Black: How Race Still Enslaves the American Soul by Eddie S. Glaude Jr. (purchased)
- Well, That Escalated Quickly: Memoirs and Mistakes of an Accidental Activist by Franchesca Ramsey (purchased)
That’s the July 2018 wrap up – Here’s a look ahead to August!
Books in Progress:
- Before She Sleeps by Bina Shah
- The Teacher, the Seamstress and the Pianist by Ogenna Ojukwu
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah (audiobook)
Book Haul so far:
- When Morning Comes by Arushi Rainer (from publisher)
- My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite (from NetGalley)
- The Storyteller’s Secret by Sejal Bedani (complimentary from Amazon)
- Lesbian Pulp Fiction: The Sexually Intrepid World of Lesbian Paperback Novels 1950-1965 by Katherine Forrest (purchased)
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah (Audible purchase)
- You Have the Right to Remain Fat by Virgie Tovar
- My Mother. Barack Obama. Donald Trump. And the Last Stand of the Angry White Man. by Kevin Powell
- When Morning Comes by Arushi Rainer
- Resource Lists:
- New Reads for the Rest of Us for September 2018
- Another resource list – topic TBD
I have been writing a lot for work but also reviewing other people’s writing, so that has kept me busy as well. Right now I am editing biographies of Wisconsin Suffragists for a new online dictionary of suffrage being published by Alexander Street Press; I am editing and reviewing two articles (by others) for publication in academic journals; and I am trying to research and write my own chapter for inclusion in an upcoming ebook about women and leadership around the world – my piece focuses on the role libraries can play in women’s leadership development.
It is no wonder I am having trouble keeping up!
So that’s the July 2018 wrap up! What are you looking forward to in August? Do you have any ideas of topics for my next resource list?
This post is part of the Monthly Wrap-Up Link-Up hosted by Feed Your Fiction Addiction!
This post contains affiliate links.