It’s been way too long since I’ve posted What I’m Reading – so here’s a new one.
In the last month or so, I’ve finished reading several books:
- The Book of M by Peng Shepherd
- A Little in Love With Everyone by Genevieve Hudson
- Heads of the Colored People by Nafissa Thompson-Spires
My reviews of these books are coming soon.
The following articles caught my attention during this time:
- “A24 Lands ‘Native Son’ WW Rights Package: Rashid Johnson Helms, Ashton Sanders to Lead Ensemble on Richard Wright Novel Adaptation” by Mike Fleming Jr. in Deadline Hollywood
- “The Librarian at the Nexus of the Harlem Renaissance” by Cara Giaimo in Atlas Obscura
- “You Don’t Look Like a Professor” by Nichole Margarita Garcia in Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- “The ‘Roseanne’ Reboot is Funny. I’m Not Going to Keep Watching.” By Roxane Gay in The NY Times
- “‘Our Bodies, Ourselves’ will stop printing new editions” by Stephanie Ebbert in The Boston Globe
- “Andrew Carnegie built 1,700 public libraries. But some towns refused the steel baron’s money.” By Robert Mitchell in The Washington Post
- “Grace Jones on a Lifetime of Doing Whatever She Pleases” by Melena Ryzik in The NY Times
- “The Deaths of Devonte Hart and His Siblings is Why We Don’t Trust White Allies” by Sherronda J. Brown in Wear Your Voice
- “The Groups ‘Rescuing’ Sex Trafficking Victims are as Bad as the Pimps” by Laura LeMoon in Wear Your Voice
- “With ‘Lost in Space,’ Parker Posey Finds an Unlikely Home in Serial TV” by Dave Itzkoff in The NY Times
- “Re-Writing Black Gendered Stories” by Celeste Henery in Black Perspectives
I’ve finally caught up with this season of The Walking Dead. Like many of you, my partner and I are watching Wild Wild Country which is such a strange story that I had actually never heard before. We love Santa Clarita Diet with Drew Barrymore; it is hilarious. Oh and I also loved the documentary, Seeing Allred, about the indomitable Gloria Allred. It’s a Netflix original and you should watch it.
What are you reading and watching? What are your thoughts on these articles? Comment below and let me know!
This post contains affiliate links.